Saturday, August 29, 2015

Entryway

 When I passed this tree early one morning, what I saw at its' base looked like little more than a shadow, a slight indent in the base, so I kept on walking. After perhaps fifteen more steps, I decided to go back and look a bit closer at what was actually there. Although I didn't lean in or bend down as low as I could have to get the best view possible, I saw what looked like a small entrance, almost door-like, as you see in the picture below.
   The idea of a door or entryway, real or metaphor, got me thinking about ways to think, or perhaps experience things a bit differently, as a door allows us entry or exit from one space to another. I thought about why I hadn't chosen to get much closer to this tree to see more clearly what I was photographing, and realized that I probably hadn't wanted this vehicle for my own possible transformation, even if momentary, to be interrupted by specificity.
   
What is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment