Sunday, August 2, 2015

Making one's own way

  I took this picture outside the side employee entrance to my job. I see many beetles slowly moving in this area, particularly during the warmer months, and recently, have been seeing quick glimpses of quite a few mice as well (their many holes in the ground are much more visible than the creatures themselves are). All these animals help me to prepare for the work day ahead, as I find myself dreading entering my job at times. I find looking at the beetles particularly helpful because their small size forces me to look at them closely and intently, helping to free me from the negative and cynical ideas which can flood my mind quickly and pervasively.
   The beetles long trek across the concrete path that you see below is particularly moving for me, as they slowly make their way in a world which would seem like a terrifying world of giants if I was their size.


My hero

No comments:

Post a Comment