Friday, March 13, 2015

Tree top

   This is a picture of a tree that I pass almost daily, and when I do, I invariably find myself looking at the top of it. I do this partially because much of it's lower portion is obscured from my sight from the angle I generally see it, but also because this very obscuring steers my eyes up into a different visual field, a view illuminated by the early morning light. This time of day produces colors that I find soothing and beautiful, no matter the weather.
   I wrote in another blog earlier about my shoes, and how they are significant for me in the space where they connect me to the ground. This picture illustrates for me a similar feeling, in that it suggests another meeting point, one which feels less personal and more ethereal than where my feet meet the ground, but no less significant. It points to the difficult relationships between objects in the world that I see.


No comments:

Post a Comment