Saturday, March 28, 2015

A week for blooming

   I hadn't been to my usual Golden Gate Park spots for one week after having surgery on my toe. During that time (and in fact during the entire winter) we've had very little rain here in northern California, and the temperatures have at times been unseasonably warm. Yesterday, when I returned to my beloved early morning spot and slowly rounded one of my favorite corners I came upon this sight, which you see in the picture below. The (what I believe to be) apple blossom trees there, especially the one shown, was suddenly in rather spectacular bloom. Although there are sometimes pretty wonderful changes that can occur here on a nearly daily basis, especially after a good rain, this one I found quite remarkable.
   I sometimes feel emotionally that when I am 'out of the loop' for awhile the world and its' people are or will pass me by, and will become something that I don't know or recognize. I know rationally that this is not usually so, but it seems that I may in fact mistaken.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment