Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Life abandoned and life taken

   During my morning walk in Golden Gate Park today I witnessed so much life;  I also felt the allusion to it. I saw animals hunting, the remains of animals who had been killed (apparently for food), and heard the sounds of the world around me waking and starting the day.
   In years past, I might have found the sight of the dead body of a Muscovy Duck to be too sad to take a picture of, but now I have what I think is a better appreciation for the ebbs and flows of existence. I believe that my advancing age, my daily walks, and the work that I do (where I am so aware of the sometimes fragile state of the living) have all contributed to a more comprehensive understanding of mortality.

An egg left at the side of a walking path

End of the line for one and a meal for others

No comments:

Post a Comment