Monday, December 12, 2016

Aura

Although it cannot be seen in the poor quality image seen below, there was a visible glowing ring around the moon when I arrived in the park when I took this picture. Looking up as I stretched out my legs before walking (yes, I am that old), the light formed a circle around the moon perhaps twenty times its' size, emanting out in all directions. I wouldn't sat that it illuminated the nearby stars (because light near stars tends to make them harder for me to see), but rather created a buffer of blue-black before the stars reappeared to frame the round glow.
   As I looked up at that light, I kept thinking of a dull light bulb, even though what I was looking at was nearly otherwordly.
   Sometimes, the ways that I have been so thoroughly socialized saddens me.

 
There's an aura there, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment