Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Delicately hanging

   I slowed down for a moment from my brisk walk when I saw this small flower bud hanging from a tree. I continued walking, but returned back to examine it further. As I think and write about it now, I feel proud that I look close enough at my physical surroundings, at least some of the time, to be able to see something so small and delicate in a world filled with so much velocity.
   The creamy yellow object hung there, barely swinging from what I imagine was a spider web. It was there in a way that seemed like it might not actually be there. Perhaps there was a spot on my cornea making me see things that didn't exist.
   I find the idea of not really knowing what I am seeing beautifull and freeing. In concept, not knowing how to think about things is equally alluring, though more frightening.

Is it really there?

No comments:

Post a Comment