Thursday, October 15, 2015

Ocean Beach

   This is exactly how I like the beach; empty, except for me.
   I can't recall why I seemed to be the only person here when I took this picture, as it was quite clear (no fog), which usually signifies warmer temperatures and more people than when it's windy and cool, which is the norm here. It was probably early on a Friday morning, and I'm guessing that it wasn't as comfortable as it appears below, although I don't recall the weather specifics. I like it when it's cool and a bit windy in the western part of San Francisco, because those conditions generally keep people away from the beach who don't go regularly, and also usually means that there are foggy conditions, conditions which I find beautiful and a bit mysterious, and have written about previously in this blog.
   The expansiveness of the horizon (where my eyes convince me that the sky meets the ocean), and seeing the sandy beach stretch off into the distance, makes me feel like less confined by the world I live in.



No comments:

Post a Comment